Dark Miasma is a time management game with visual novel storytelling and a deck-building twist. You only have a limited amount of time before the town of Galeport is overrun by demons, and it’s up to you to decide how to best spend your time in order to become as powerful as possible, while earning the trust of the townsfolk.
About the game
Take on the role of a new guard in town and try to earn the trust of the villagers. Your first destination is Galeport in Dark Miasma. After learning of a demonic plot to destroy the town, it is up to you to fulfill your duty and protect the citizens of Galeport by leading them safely to the Capital. However, the road to the Capital is full of dangers and obstacles. The townsfolk may not believe you unless you befriend them first. Demons aren’t the only problem though. Many dark mysteries surround the tiny coastal village. The only way to avoid misfortune is by getting to the bottom of them. You should always keep in mind that your actions not only impact the present, but the past and future as well.
The demo contains over 150 cards to use in combat, 30 enemies to fight, 3 dungeons to explore, and 6 townsfolk to befriend. There may even be a secret or two to uncover, but powerful foes await those who stray from the path.
- The best part about this game is that it has a dozen of different endings depending on your stats, feats, and who survives the journey to the Capital And no matter how many times you replay you can always expect an interesting story.
- With a cast of 17 characters Dark Miasma features hundreds of dialogues. Every character has their own problems and mysteries for you to solve. There is plenty of content to go through.
- One of the main point of the game is to create powerful decks. You can choose from 500+ different combat cards.
- While on your journey in Dark Miasma you will battle over 100 enemies with unique abilities. And if you defeat them you can capture them.
- With every mystery you solve you get the opportunity to unlock Heirlooms which persist between playthroughs, drastically altering future runs.
- You are able to raise your skills and craft powerful cards to improve your combat capabilities.
Dark Miasma is a one-of-a-kind visual novel that lets you build a deck of cards and unravel an interesting story. It’s a road full of adventures and many characters with which you can bond. I’d strongly recommend this game if you like well written stories.